Saturday, August 30, 2008

Twice Blessed


I was completely in shock during my visit when the doctor said, "There's the amniotic sac and the heart beat." there was a short pause and then he continued, "Huh, there's another sac and another heart beat." As you can imagine I was in total shock. I was in such shock that I didn't even do anything cute to break the news to John. I just immediately called him while walking to my car. When he asked how it went I told him that the babies looked great. It took him a minute to catch on and then his response was "Whatever, you're joking." After fifteen minutes of convincing him, he finally realized that I was serious and wasn't trying to be a jokester. John was positive that we would be blessed with two sons. He had no doubt that he would atleast get one son if not two out of the batch. Once again he got a surpise and was obviously wrong. Nevertheless we are so blessed to have 4 little girls. I can't imagine anything else. I wouldn't know the first thing to do with a boy. Having Preslee and Payge has been one of the funnest things that I have experienced in my life. Needless to say, it is a lot of work but the rewards of having twins is indescribable. John loves to go and get them from their beds in the morning because they wrinkle their nose and give him a big grin and squeal. As for Brilynn and Maycie I was sure the newness of the twins would wear off very quickly. I was wrong. They are constantly asking to hold them, dress them, and feed them. They have both been very helpful.

Top Ten Things I Love About Having Twins

1. Only being pregnant once but getting two offspring.

2. Dressing them in "twinner" clothes.

3. Watching them interact with each other.

4. Spending tons of money on formula and diapers ;)

5. Having to carry 2 carseats around and trying to fit them both into one shoping cart.

6. They will always have a best friend.

7. Answering ridiculous questions like, "Are they twins?"

8. Watching how similar and different they are.

9. How right when you get one back to sleep the other one wakes up.

10. Hearing everyone's stories about the twins in their family.

2 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world. Your girls are absolutely AdOrAbLe! Lauren was just talking about John holding the pinata with a broom yesterday...what are the chances?!?

Leslie Wentz said...

I am so glad I was able to see them this last week! They are so cute and it sounds like so much fun!!!!! :) :) :)