Friday, July 24, 2009

Desert News 10k race and Days of 47 parade

A few months ago after doing the 5k run for Brilynn's school, a few of us decided it would be fun to train together and do the Deseret News 10k race on the 24th of July. After many 6:30 runs in the morning, the day finally came. Thanks to my friend Mandy, she suggested that we get together the night before, have the traditional Spaghetti dinner, and stay the night in SLC at a hotel. So, my sweet husband kept the girls and I headed off for a night with my friends. So Fun!!! We had a great time with many laughs. Those of you who stayed the night with us at the hotel will never forget my silly comment that was made in the elevator when I totally put my foot in my mouth. Leave it to me. Anyway...





After a few silly group pics at Trolley Square we headed down to find Wade who was saving spots for us and all of our families for the parade. He slept out with his kids to make sure we would have an awesome spot.




Officer Friendly threatened to have our cars towed but of course Melissa started joking around with him and making him laugh. He was a little stand offish at first but after a few minutes with our group, he was our best friend. Seriously Melissa, you crack me up!!!




Rhonda was trying to get a cute pic with her kids and Stacie came running up at the last minute. Love the look on your face Stacie. CLASSIC!!!

John was so sweet to get the girls up at 5:00, get them ready, and have them down to watch the end of the race. Check out the old man running beside me. That to me is total inspiration. Thanks to Tiffany and Jessica as well who were big helps with my girls.



Well girls the day has come and gone, so now we need to find out next race. I seriously had so much fun


After the race, we raced back to the hotel, checked out, and headed to the parade. Wade was so nice to steak out spots for all of us. The twins did much better than expected, but I did cheat and found some nice shade in the back of the crowd. It made the parade much more enjoyable. This was the first time that most of us had ever been to the parade, so we were greenies when it came to picking out a spot. Next year we will be more prepared and we plan on making the parade a new family tradition. I think we will even try sleeping outside next year.















Happy 24th of July to all our friends and family.














s

6 comments:

Kimberly Lee said...

Way to go on the run! I thought about doing that one, but I didn't. Maybe next time I will have to run with you girls! The parade is way fun, we do it every year, I love it!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Wow! You are down-right amazing!! You go girl!

lovebeingamom said...

You kick booty girl! I'm impressed, next is the Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon with me next year!

Dunbars said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Your girls are so cute!

Heather said...

Wow! I'm proud of you girlies! Did your hubby do all the girls hair that morning??? That's pretty impressive!

Cody said...

You wild women make me laugh!!! Wish we could have seen you at the race....but thanks for letting us hang out with you guys at the parade.