Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!!!

This year we had quite a crowd for thanksgiving. My mom and dad, oldest brother dale and his family, sister Misti and her family, brother Dan and his family and his wife's parents as well. So that made a total of 12 adults and 11 kids for a grand total of 23 people!!! We were only missing my youngest bro. Ben and his family. Maybe next year??? A big thanks to everyone who helped with the food. We had so much food and dessert...it was DELICIOUS. It included: ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, shredded potatoes, roles, jello, jello jigglers, relish tray, chinese noodle salad, pasta salad, sweet potatoe casserole, grape salad, puppy chow, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, blueberry pie, pumpkin roles, oreo balls, icecream, limeade slush, soda, and I am sure I have forgotten a few items:)



Preslee and Payge had their own little table



Preslee LUVED all the food


Nikki and my nephew Wakefield



My niece Tommi

My nephew CasonMy nephew LukenBribriand my nephew Jett. (I didn't do a very good job of getting pictures of everyone though:(After dinner we did a gift exchange with all the adults. We each had to bring a $5.oo gift and then we played the steal the present game. This was a big hit with all of the adults and the best thing was that all of the gifts were really good!!!I had a small gift for each of the kids and then my mom made the cutest aprons (pictures to come later) for all the girls and then the boys got some pj's. I almost made Cason cry when he was the last one to recieve a gift and I told him that I must have forgotten his gift. It was actually really sad. Guess I can't tease about such serious business:)Dustin was one of the first to get his gift and then there weren't any more pictures taken of the adult gift exchange. It got a little to instense to stop and take pics.Maycie wearing Bompa's hatand then we have Payge imitating Bompa in his hat!!!! I couldn't help but post all the different facial expressions. This girl is full of them!These twins seriously love their BompaPreslee didn't want to sport Bompa's hat...only her princess jewelry.My dad thought he was so funny when he brought in my cheerleading mega phone. Guess he was sick of storing it for me. Do I just throw that thing away??????Bompa finally remembered to bring Brilynn's shell that he had promised to her awhile ago. One time while we were in Vernal, Brilynn became fascinated with this shell that I think was my great grandma's. My dad promised Brilynn that when she was baptized she could have it. However, he forgot to bring it out for her baptism so she recieved it on Thanksgiving instead.

We wanted to go see a movie but we lost track of time and realized that we needed to start getting ready for the annual black friday shopping. This was my brother Dale's first time shopping in the city for black friday and he was hilarious. He was seriously so stressed about being able to find the items that Shannon wanted him to get. Anyway, about 8:00 we left the house for Toys R Us, which is always crazy. It was absolutely freezing outside but that didn't stop the crowd. Everyone had their assignments and once we got in the store we divided and conquered. Great team work!!! My sister and friend Rhonda had headed over to Walmart instead of waiting at Toys R Us with us because people were already getting in line. So after Toys R Us, we all headed over to Walmart. I went and got in line with Misti and Rhonda for the ipod touches and the ds's while everyone else did the midnight shopping. Now that was a sight to behold. I actually climbed up on the shelves so I had a bird's eye view of everyone seriously chucking stuff up in the air and throwing it every which way. It was a serious tornado!!! My mom brought me all of their items so they didn't have to wait in line. While waiting in line we were able to get Misti's TV online thanks to John getting up at 3:00 a.m. to do this for us. What a guy!!! Shannon went back to the house and handed off to my brother Dale. Dale, Dan and my mom headed to Target while the rest of us remained at Walmart. At 5:00 a.m. we got the ipods and ds's and checked out with a few cartloads of stuff. Wahooooo for us!!!! With great team work...we were able to get all our wants and needs with major overall savings!!! We were completely exhausted by this time but still had a few places we wanted to hit. We went to Old Navy, back to Toys R Us for the items that started at 5:00 and then to the mall. At 9:00 a.m. we were all done and tired. We headed back to the house just in time for all the kids to be waking up. We had to corral all of them in the basement while we sorted and hid all the items. This is seriously a highlight for me every year and something I get absolutely giddy for. Thanks everyone for being a sport and having the best Black Friday Shopping so far!!!

1 comment:

lovebeingamom said...

I think this was the best Thanksgiving ever! I will be stealing some of you pix for my blog. We did have ball shopping didn't we! Love ya!