Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Maycie's 1st "NEW" bike

 The other day Maycie came in and told me her bike tire was flat.  When I went out her tires were full of the goathead stickers.  She explained that they were riding their bikes through the field and all of a sudden she heard air coming out of her tires.  After removing the stickers, I put some bike slime in the tires and pumped up the tire.  It immediately went flat.  We then headed to Walmart to buy a new tube.  While there, she talked me into buying a new bike.  It did seem much easier to just buy the bike instead of trying to fix the silly tire.  I know at first that seems completely ridiculous but here is the true reasoning.  Maycie has never had her own bike.  She has always recieved hand me downs from Brilynn.  She also likes to ride Brilynn's current bike because it is much bigger.  Maycie had her eyes on this bike and at first my response was "nope, lets just get a tube to fix your old bike."  after offering to give me all her money for the bike, I knew she really wanted a bigger bike.  So, it was beneficial for all of us to just buy the new bike.  She loves it and rides it everyday.  The highlight was when I let her finally ride her bike to school. 
 She can even do TRICKS on this new bike!!!
 Brilynn was ticked because Maycie wasn't willing to share her new bike right away with her. 
What a proud moment!!!

No comments: