Thursday, October 20, 2011

An Unexpected Hair cut

 One afternoon I was busy doing Primary stuff in my room.  The twins were being so good and I was getting a lot done.  While working away, the girls walked into my room.  Before I even looked up, they made a huge announcement..."Mom, we cut our hair."  I remember looking up and the first thing I saw was one of Preslee's pig tails being 90% shorter than it used to be.  My first reaction was "Oh my Goodness girls!!!!!  What are you doing??????? I felt the tears coming to my eyes as I got a closer look at the damage.  Payge's response was "Mommy we just playin"  and Preslee followed up with "We just want to be a lady"  AUGHGHGHGHGHGH.  How could I be so mad and upset when they were so innocent.  I quickly pulled out their pigtails so I could see how much damage had been done.  I am so upset that I didn't take a picture of their pigtails but I wasn't thinking about that at the time.  Payge's hair was actually a perfect layered cut.  I am assuming that Payge's pigtails were thick enough that they couldn't get the scissors to cut through the entire pigtail, unlike Preslee's.  Her hair was so thin that it didn't take much to chop the whole thing off.  I quickly put them in the car and we headed to the salon once we picked up Brilynn and Maycie from school.  They did a pretty good job of fixing the disaster.  We had to cut about 5 inches off of Payge's hair and about 3 inches off Preslee's.  It ended up being a good thing for Preslee because it has helped her hair to thicken up a bit. 





It could have been much worse and I'm thankful that this was the only hair they cut off.  You must admit they were very particular about keeping it nice and neat in the shell. 

No comments: