Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I very vividly remember a few days after the twins were born I was laying in my bed wondering how I was ever going to survive this.  My sister and mom had just left and I was on my own.  My sister had just called me and was telling me about a lady she had met at a birthday party that day who had twins.  She told me that the lady asked how I was doing and wanting to know about the twins.  She told Misti to tell me that her twins are now 5 and it does get much easier and life will continue.  I remember thinking "Okay, if I can make until they are 3 then I think I will be ok."  I remember thinking that many times and I feel bad because I think I might have wished away some of that time.  It has now been 8 years.  My heart aches as I think of how fast the time went by.  The twins will be getting baptized on April 9th.  The first 3 years may not have gone by so fast but I feel like the last 5 years went by so quickly.  I love the stage of our family right now and would stay here forever if I had the chance.  I am a little sad though as I plan their baptism that this will be the last.  I remember feeling the same way when doing their baby blessing.  It can be a pain and something that I dont love planning but sad that these milestones will soon be in the past.  These 2 girls have brought so much joy to our home and I tell people all the time I would have twins again in a heartbeat.  There is nothing like having a best friend who is your same age that lives with you.  These 2 are the best of friends and are always watching out for each other.  At school they have different friends and do different activities but they make sure that the other is taken care of.  Preslee is really funny in her own way.  She is very shy and timid around people she doesnt know very well but in our home she is always cracking jokes and making us laugh.  Mrs. Sube says every once in a while she will see the silly Preslee come out.  Payge is not shy at all but very caring.  She is always willing to let Preslee have what she wants to ensure that she is happy.  All the other girls joke that Payge is my favorite.  Lets me honest here.  I dont have a favorite.  I love different things about each child and I have favorite things about each child.  Payge is just so easy going and caring that I may compliment her more because she is always being so kind to her sisters.  They both love their Dad.  Many times John is gone because of his church calling.  They always want him to come in and sing to them and snuggle them when he gets home even if they are sound asleep.  Bed time stories from Dad is a highlight for them at the end of their day.  I love watching these two grow older and being their mom is a blessing I cant describe. Eight years have passed since they were born. To celebrate their birthday we started off the day
 The twins agreed 2 just get 1 new bike and share it between them as well as Maycie's old bike.  This way they were able to also get batteries for the moped and the electric scooter.  They also got pj's, scriptures, scripture cases, a new bike seat, as well as some money from the grandparents.


 Since their birthday fell on the Saturday before easter, we started the morning with the easter egg hunt in Farmington.  The hunt wasnt as good as it had been in the past.  The sound system wasn't working and it was hard to hear the instructions.  Also the twins only got a few eggs with very little prizes.  Last year they won a lot more prizes and were more disappointed  this year.  So we headed to Boondocks to use their free birthday pass.  They loved the go karts and the arcade the best.  John and Bri were so concerned about going to get lunch at the food trucks by our house so they talked us into leaving early.  We went and got lunch (which was okay nothing special) from the food trucks then waited for Maycie to get home from soccer.  Once she got home we headed back to boondocks to let the kids finish playing.  I hit the jackpot on a couple of the games and helped the girls win a huge ball that they decided to get by combining all their points.














 After boondocks we went to chuck a rama for their birthday dinner.  It wasn't very good but the tiwns seemed to be happy.  We had gotten some coupons at the easter egg hunt for free kids with adult purchase.  I guess I need to remind myself again that it is always a dissapointment lol.  We came home and the girls were ready for dessert.  They did not want cake so they got keylime pie as well as a razzleberry pie.  They decided to keep their birthday money to use on their trip to NC and to NY that we would be leaving for in 2 days.  So proud to call all 4 of these girls my daughters.




No comments: