Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Preslee and Payge








It's official...the twins have turned "1" I am so glad that we are not back where we were a year ago...but Preslee and Payge have definetly added excitement into our lives. For their birthday we went to Vernal to have a party with my family. We had a BBQ and spent the afternoon outside in the warm weather. I had the twins on a blanket under the shade, but the sun must have filtered through the trees and left little sunkisses on their cheeks. I was a little worried at first, but I must admit, they looked pretty darn cute with their little rosie cheeks! On their actual birthday we took them to Chuck E. Cheese (which really wasn't for them since they were to young to do anything, but Brilynn and Maycie loved it) Later that night we took them to dinner at Cracker Barrel. We love the birthday dessert that they give you which is the chocolate cobbler. It was delicious...I don't know how much the twins really got of it:) Thank you everyone for the gifts (Grandma & Grandpa, Dale & Shannon, Ben & Marcie, Dan & Nikki, Beth & Paul.) Although I asked for no gifts you went ahead and did it anyway!!!
P.S. I do not make birthday cakes. However when we went to Vernal I decided to let Brilynn and Maycie and their cousins decorate a cake for the twins. Just wanted everyone to know that I do not think that I made an awesome cake. Many of my friends and family spend hours making amazing cakes, but this is an area that I have NO SKILLS and I don't pretend to have beautiful cake skills. I know that my birthday cakes are pathetic and I don't even try to make them cute. So with that being said, if anyone ever wants a pathetic birthday cake for their kids, feel free to contact me:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! I don't make great birthday cakes either. That makes two of us. The twins are growing so fast. I can't believe it's been a year!
That was fun getting together today. We'll have to do it again!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! I saw them on Good Things Utah the other day! They are so cute! I don't make cute cakes either...I tried for Aidan's B-day and it was stressful and turned out poopy and tasted even poopier!

Ballard Family said...

How fun! Happy B-day to your girlies. I'm excited to see you guys next week, hopefully it will all work out!

Dunbars said...

They are so cute! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Kimberly Lee said...

Yaaay!! Happy Birthday girls!! They are so cute!! Where does the time go?! We still need to get together. :)

Nichole said...

The girls look so cute. I am impressed you got a picture of Connie. I know that doesn't happen often.

Ben and Marcie said...

It was fun celebrating the twins birthdays with you guys! I still can't believe they're already one!

Cody said...

Are they 1 already? Wow!!! Where does the time go??? I don't claim to make cute cakes either. Smith's does a fabulous job...and saves me time, stress, and money trying to attempt the impossible!!!