Tuesday, May 19, 2009

5K race, 1st Grade Recital, and Pet Lady Bugs







This year we decided to do the 5K race for Brilynn's school. A huge thanks to my mom for helping out with the kids. As the race started I tried to make Brilynn and Maycie run with John and I. Brilynn gave up fairly early so John had to stop, turn around and take her back to my mom. Once John caught back up to us he decided to go on since Maycie was going very sloooooow as well but was trying hard. After a short distance, it was my turn to turn around and take Maycie to my mom. Once I was free of kids, it was nice because I was actually able to run and my sweet husband slowed down and waited for me to catch up. Towards the end of the race Brilynn ran into a mirror on a car because she wasn't paying attention. So not only was my mom pushing the twins and Maycie (who decided to hop on the stroller as well) but was also trying to console Brilynn. HOWEVER, they did make it to the end and managed to not be in last place. Not sure how they did it, but thanks Mom for allowing John and I to run the race and letting the kids also participate. It was a family effort to complete that race!!!






On Thursday Brilynn had her First Grade singing program. She was chosen to be a Ladybug and was proud of it. She became very animated during the program and really exaggerated every action (I'm sure that's not a surprise to most of you).













For Christmas the girls had received a Lady Bug habitat. The first time we ordered the lady bugs, it was to cold and they died in the mail box. So finally the end of April we received our lady bugs. When they first hatch they look nothing like lady bugs. They stay in their larvae stage for about 5-6 days and then they go into a cocoon for about 3 days. When they come out they are cute little lady bugs. Instead of keeping them in the little habitat, we decided to let them go so they would live longer. Brilynn and Maycie were sad to let their little pets fly away but they made sure to let them crawl on them for a very long time before doing so.

2 comments:

Amie said...

oh my goodness-your girls are so cute all the time! I hope I can keep my little Abbie as cute as your girls are. Check out my blog at ourfairytalecomingtrue.blogspot

Heather said...

Good job on the 5k! I wish I liked to run...but I don't :O) That is so cute that your whole family ran it! And who would have thought you could have lady bugs sent to you in the mail??? Not me! That is way cool!

We did end up taking Aidan into the nursery on Sunday. He is doing pretty good. He does okay until he remembers we're not there! But he lasted about 20 minutes on Sunday.