Thursday, May 21, 2009

I don't need training wheels!!!








On Friday I was sitting outside watching Brilynn and Maycie ride their bikes. Maycie told me that she didn't need her training wheels anymore. I told her that I wasn't going to try to teach her to ride her bike just yet. As soon as John came out she started to bug him about taking off her training wheels. Being the good Dad that he is, he grabbed the tools and quickly removed them for her. It took a few minutes for John to teach her how to stop and start on her own...and she has been training wheel free ever since. She is addicted to riding her bike and rides it whenever she gets a chance. She only comes in to eat lunch and dinner and then heads right back out. Her and our neighbor Eva have spent much time together this spring riding their bikes, scooters, and playing on the swing sets. I am so glad that summer is here and that we spend almost every evening outside as a family.


4 comments:

Deena said...

Cute picture! Will you email a copy to me? We have loved this wonderful spring/summer-sometimes roasting weather. We are so grateful to have you as neighbors as well as everyone else in "the hood"!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love it that summer is here too. There is just something about being outside. Love it. What a cute picture of Eva and Maycie. We need to get our girls together.

Kimberly Lee said...

Your girls are so cute....why are they so Freakin' tan?? I have a little more olive skin and I was hoping one of my kids would get it, but nope, they are white as can be. :) Way to go Maycie, no training wheels is awesome!

Harris said...

Good job on the fun run... that is impressive! I love the picture of Maycie with her nose all scrunched up... she is adorable.. and already VERY tan. Super cute. I would have waited for Beau to tackle the adventure too! That's what dad's are for. BTW... my Sunday afternoon was MUCH better!!!