Sunday, October 4, 2009

On a happier note than the previous post...Pumpkin Hayrides

This is our 5th year of going on a hayride to find the "Perfect Pumpkin" However, this year was a little different. We have always gone to Day Farms but every year it has increased in price. It went from $3.00 per person to $4.00 per person to a whoppin $5.ooper person. Which would be a total of $30.00 for our family this year to get our pumpkins. Thats a little ridiculous in my opinion. But we do it every year because it is a tradition and I enjoy it just as much as the kids do. This year we didn't go to Day Farms. We went to J&J nursery instead. It was the exact same thing that we have always done, get on the wagon, sit on the hay, go on a ride through some fields, get off the wagon, find a pumpkin, take lots of pictures, get on the wagon, go back to the car, and somehow manage to get all the kids and pumpkins into the car. But there was one minor detail that was different. It was FREE!!! (okay so not totally free because we had to donate a can of food to the Utah Food Bank) So I will always be willing to pay for our traditional pumpkin patch hayride, but if I can get it for free, why not?????

7 comments:

Harris said...

FUN! That is where we always go for our pumpkins. Lots of fun... and like you said basically free. Cute pictures, I love the one of all the girls! SAD little crash and burn pics. Her toe looks like it hurts sooo bad.... made me a little sick too.

Unknown said...

Cute pics Amanda, Oh, I am constantly yelling at my kids to get off the treadmill, what is it with those things??? I just know something like that will happen to my kids too! I am so showing them your pic, hopefully it will make them see I am not kidding when I say they are going to get hurt! btw I know I say this every time but your twins are so stinkin cute I love their pics with their binkis and blankies, I bet it does make you wish you had a twin watching them every day huh???

Ballard Family said...

F.Y.I. that was me that left that last comment, I always forget to switch users after Justin gets off his e-mail account. Sorry! anyway I was going to tell you, after the fact, I thought I should have called and seen if you and your girls wanted to go to the concert with us, ( I thought they liked her) I am always trying to find someone with girls to go to things with Taya and I ALL my friends (except Tyra) have BOYS! so Taya never has anyone to do things with. I need to be better and keep you in mind when were headed to SLC anyway.

Stacie said...

Looks like J&J was fun! I might try and go next weekend, we made salsa all day saturday so we couldn't go.

Anonymous said...

How fun. Cute little girls. And that toe....OUCH! I'm glad she's ok. There have been some major bad accidents with treadmills. So scary.

Beth Borup said...

I love this time of the year! We will be making our yearly trip down to the North Logan pumpkin walk this year. Let us know if you want to go.

Dunbars said...

Those are such cute pics. I read your post below and felt bad for you and the girls. I would have been crying to. Do you edit your own pics? The last two are so cute, do you use photoshop?