Sunday, October 4, 2009

Accidents

Saturday afternoon was a little "hectic" for us. John ran to the grocery store for me before going to the Priesthood session. While he was gone, I went to check on Brilynn and Maycie who were playing outside. Of course, I couldn't find them anywhere. I ran back to the house, put the twins in the wagon and started knocking on neighbor doors. After about 15 min, I started getting really worried and just knew they were covered in the hole that was being dug next to our home. Thank goodness that wasn't the case. Anyway, my neighbor soon came out and told me all the kids were in her basement playing and they didn't hear us because they were in the basement. While she was explaining to us why they were in the basement, Payge decided to TUMBLE out of the wagon. I quickly picked her up and realized the side of her face was scraped and a goose bump by her eye. I did a pretty good job of keeping calm until Maycie came screaming out of the neighbors house. They found the key to the treadmill and were sliding on it. Can you believe that? Oh my goodness, her poor little toe was completely peeled away. So, I picked her up and brought her back to the house. Thank goodness John pulled into the driveway at this time. I was no longer super mom and I started crying. I do not handle my kids being hurt "AT ALL." I am a total wimp when it comes to pain and even more pathetic when it comes to my kids. Anyway, John was able to clean the wound on both girls and get them settled down before rushing off to the Priesthood session. I really wanted him to stay home and help me but I knew it was important for him to go. I am so thankful that her accident was not anything worse. So...if your kids are wanting to play on the treadmill...just show them the bottom picture.










8 comments:

Cooper Clan said...

Ouch!!!! I am totally showing Avery, who always wants to play on my treadmill. Harsh? maybe, but effective I hope. Sorry, not a fun day.

lovebeingamom said...

Oh, that is so sad! It makes my toe hurt just looking at it. I did show Cason, he said "oh no, that is really ugly mom." Hopefully we have an understanding why we don't play on the treadmill. Give her kisses for us!

Kimberly Lee said...

So sad! That looks painful. We used to slide down my grandma's all the time when we were little. And to think what could have happened. Ouch!!

Heather said...

Ouch!! It makes my toe hurt just looking at it! I hate it when kids get hurt too! Poor Paige....her hair looks super cute though :O) Your still super mom!!

Stacie said...

Oh....my.....gosh!!!! Ouch!

Beth Borup said...

Ouchie!!! You know that I showed this to my kids since I just got through the day before giving them the "do not play on the treadmill" talk. They felt so bad for Maycie and Payge. Wishing for a better day for you today too. I am a whimp when it comes to my kids getting hurt as well.

Ben and Marcie said...

Your mom told me about Maycie and Payge yesterday! Poor girls! I hope they get feeling better soon!

bri said...

That looks like it hurts so bad. How is she doing now. I am totally showing this to my kids since they always want to play on mine.