Sunday, February 22, 2009

Warning...Graphic Pictures!!!

Soooo...the other day I was cleaning, cooking, and talking on the phone. When I looked at the clock I was surprised that the twins were still asleep. So I quickly ran upstairs and this is what i found.











Preslee had taken her diaper off, smeared it on the walls, blankets, crib, herself, and everything else that was in reach. I just stood frozen at the door of Preslee's room. I closed my eyes hoping that when I opened them that I would wake up from a nightmare. But I wasn't dreaming. I seriously stood there for a few seconds wondering how I was going to tackle the project. My first thought was, Grab the camera so I can have proof to show John what a horrible day I had had. After snapping a few quick shots and trying to keep Preslee from eating the chunks that she was picking off her legs (I know, soooo gross!!!) I picked her up and took her to the bathtub. I took her dress off and started dumping water on her. After a few minutes the tub was completely plugged and full of poop and I wasnt having much success of getting her clean. The only other thing I could think of was to throw her in the shower. I had to scrub under her fingernails and toenails, wash her mouth out, and scrub every inch of her body. Once I finally had her clean it was time to clean the shower, bath, and the stinky bedroom. This was by far the worst poop episode that I have ever had to deal with. I thought having them poop in the tub was absolutely the most disgusting thing in the world, but Preslee proved that it can get much worse than that. I just never new that having kids would bring such horrendous dirty jobs into my life. The joys of being a mom!!! (sorry for such a gross post, but had to share!!!)

16 comments:

Harris said...

O.K. That is reealllyyy gross!! I'm sorry. I have heard so many horror stories about kids doing this but have never experienced it! I'm sorry. That is a very bad day. Did it come clean??

Leslie Wentz said...

YUCKY!!!! I am always so worried that I will walk in after Catie has taken her nap to find her in a mess like that!!!! Luckily, I have not yet had to deal with a mess like that! Sorry you had that to deal with! Great pics though! Will make a wonderful story to tell her about when she gets older and you also have the proof!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! As I was looking at the pictures I was REALLY, REALLY hoping (for your sake!) that Preslee had gotten ahold of chocolate, rather than poop. I am soooo feeling for you. I would have been puking my guts out!! You poor thing!

Kimberly Lee said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is so bad, but funny at the same time. I'm so sorry, I would freak out!! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one. :)

P.S. My kids have been sick. Poor Charli had bronchitis one week and then woke up with crusted shut eyes, pink eye in both of them. It was so sad, so needless to say I haven't left the house much. Hopefully I will see you next week. :)

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH! EWWWWWW!! I have heard of kids doing that but holy crap! I don't know what I would have done. I probably would have stared in disbelief for like an hour! I'm glad it was all cleaned up!

Ballard Family said...

Holy Crap! Amanda! (Literally I guess) I can't even imagine. My kids have never done that yet(knock on wood!) I'm sure it will be funny someday, especially having the pics!

-Amy- said...

Haha!! Ayden finger painted(if ya know what I mean) his whole room one day when he was about that age!! It was DISCUSTING!

Lisa said...

Oh my! I saw the first pic and knew what was to come. She will just love that you took those pics when she gets older :)

Cody said...

Oh yuck! That is sooo gross! That's one of those when you wish your husband was home to tackle the project for you. Sorry about your bad day...

Cooper Clan said...

He he he. Been there, done that! Sorry, I know it's not fun. We had that happen once or twice at our house. You don't think it will actually happen to you, then, it does.....ugh.

lovebeingamom said...

I've been waiting for the pictures! They are worse than I had imagined! But I was laughing and gagging at the same time while looking at them! It's a good thing we love our kids so much!

Heather said...

Oh my GOODNESS! And I thought Aidan had dealt me some gross diapers! I am so glad I haven't had to experience that! I'm sooo sorry! You should get a big prize for cleaning that one up!

Beth Borup said...

That little "stinker". :) That was a little worse than I thought. I think that I would not have picked up the phone either. You were a little preoccupied to say the least.

bri said...

That is so gross. What a nightmare. I had a friend that had to tape her babies diaper during her nap because she would do that everytime. Hopefully this was just a one time thing.

Dunbars said...

Wow that is so gross!!! I thought Dylan peeing everywhere was bad but that is so so so much worse. She still is super cute though, even with all the poop all over her.

Rognonsweetpeas said...

Wow! What a horrible experience. I love the looks on he face-she doesnt seem to care as much as you did. She is going to loe those pics when she's older!!