Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Friday


I LOVE black friday. I start weeks before looking online and planning out my route in an excel spread sheet. The more kids I get and the more expensive their "gifts" become and the more money I save each year by being one of the CRAZY mom's at the black friday sales. This year I was excited that Toys R Us was smart enought to open at midnight. I would much rather stay up late than get a few hours of sleep and have to wake up at 3 in the morning. So at 8:00 on Thanksgiving Day my mom, brother, and myself headed down to Toys R Us. After being there for about 30 minutes, I was frozen. I made a quick call to John and had him bring me down an extra coat, blankets, and hot chocolate. By the time we finished in TRU we decided to just stay up all night and hit the other stores. I did come home for a few minutes around 3:00 and did some quick online shopping. We shopped until about 7:30 the next morning, came home, slept until 11:00 and then headed out again until about 6 that night. By then I was completely exhausted and felt like a zombie. I seriously don't remember the last time I stayed up that late. The next morning we headed out again to finish up a few things that we had missed. Between my mom, dad, 2 brother's, sister-in-law, and myself and hitting TRU, Walmart, Target, Kohls, Office Depot, Best Buy, Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Staples, Shopko, and Kmart we managed to get everything on our lists. Some people may say we are crazy, but I would be more than happy to share my savings with them:) The best thing is that I am completely finished with all my Christmas shopping and now I can enjoy the rest of December!!!

6 comments:

Ballard Family said...

You are CRAZY! I hate black friday, I don't do it. But hey at least your done that's a great feeling!!!

Amie said...

you are not just crazy but you are FREAKIN crazy! but I will admit I would love to tag along one year to see the savings:)

Ben and Marcie said...

That was a lot of fun! I love it, and I'm so glad we got everything we were looking for! I was SO sick on Saturday and Sunday though, I think I may have overdone it a little! I'm sure when I use my new TV's and computer it will be worth it though :)

Kimberly Lee said...

Loco!!!! I admit I like it too, but not that much!! You're a maniac. Way to go!! :)

Nichole said...

Crazy!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Wow! I admit, I'm very jealous that your Christmas shopping is all done...but, yes, you're CrAzY!! Way to go!!