Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hayrides and Pumpkins

After Maycie's soccer game today we headed over for our annual hayride to the pumpkin patch. Preslee and Payge were pretty impressed with the tractors and loved every minute on the hayride. However, they weren't as impressed when we were walking through the fields of dirt and weeds. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a picture of Payge in the pumpkin patch but I guess when your neck looks like this you have a good reason to not want your picture taken. Yesterday I took the twins for a check-up. The doctor commented on the little viral warts that Payge had on her neck. All my kids have had them and they eventually go away after a few months. The doctor said that since these were more visable, he could use beetle poison to make them go away. Well when I agreed to it, I never imageined it would be so painful and look so awful. Last night her neck was just one huge blister with many small blisters on her chest and sides of neck as well. By this morning they had all popped and this is what my little Payge's neck looks like 1 day after having beetle poison placed on her warts. I mean wouldn't putting acid on the warts do the same thing??? Seriously!!! The doctor said it wouldn't be painful for her but I beg to differ!!! Next time I am asked a ridiculous question like, "do you want me to completely torture your child and bathe her in beetle poison because it will be much better than having a few warts on her neck that will eventually go away on their own." I won't hesitate to boldly say "No Thanks Doc!!!" So sorry Payge and we pray for a quick recovery!!!

2 comments:

Amie said...

OUCH!!! whothe heck is your doctor...so I can stay clear:) looks like you had a blast at the hayride!!!and as usual...your girls are darling!!!

lovebeingamom said...

Oh my word! Are you kidding me! If that pictures doesn't do it justice I can't even imagine how bad it actually was. That poor little girl!

I was just thinking about our visit last year and going to the pumpkin patch and maze. It looks like you guys had as much fun as we did last year!