Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Are you SLEEPING????

We have had many different sleeping arrangements for the twins since they were born.  They first started out in our bedroom in their own basinets.  Once they were about 6 weeks old, they would sleep in their carseats in their bedroom.  As soon as they started getting big enough to wiggle around we transfered them to a crib.  From what I had read...twins do best sleeping together.  Well this wasn't the case for Preslee and Payge.  I got tired of them waking each other up during naps and in the middle of the night.  We set up a porta crib for Payge in our closet and this was her sleeping quarters for the next 3-4 months.  I then decided I would try to put them in the same room but just in different beds.  This worked out very well and worked for about 18 months.  Once the twins were about 2-2 1/2 one day they discovered that they could climb out of their cribs.  I wasn't sure how they were getting out so I decided to spy on them. I found that Preslee was using the dresser to help climb out but Payge was just able to climb out completely on her own.  I rearranged the beds so that there was nothing around Preslee's crib.  This worked and she was no longer able to get out.  I decided to watch and listen one day after laying them down for a nap.  They were quiet for quite some time and then all of a sudden I heard Preslee say to Payge.  "dit out, Payge, dit out!!!"  Payge sat up quickly and responded by saying "Otay Pesse, Otay."  She preceded to climb out of her crib and ran over to play with Preslee who was still trapped in her crib.  This really made me laugh but at the same time, I was not ready to give up nap times.  Once again I knew it was time to rearrange bedrooms.  This time I felt she was to big to be put in the closet.  I didn't want her in Brilynn and Maycie's bedroom or downstairs in the spare bedroom or craft room.  The only other option was to move her crib to the classroom.  Once she didn't have Preslee convincing her to be naughty,  she was content with staying in her crib.  Well the twins will be 3 next month.  I would love to get them both out of their cribs and into their day bed.  We have tried this a couple of times at night and it hasn't been succesful.  They end up talking and playing.  One night John and I thought they had gone to sleep.  When I went up to go to bed I found them in my room watching Aristocats.  I couldn't believe it.  Last night we decided to try it again.  We laid Preslee on the bed and Payge on the pull out trundle.  We explained that if they didn't go to sleep they would each have to go their cribs.  I checked on them a few times and they were really quiet and not moving.  I had high hopes.  However when I went in about 30 minutes later Preslee had moved down to lay by Payge and this is how I found them...PRETENDING THEY WERE ASLEEP!!!  These 2 really do bring much laughter into our home.  Every night Brilynn and Maycie thank Heavenly Father that they are blessed to have Preslee and Payge in our family because they are always making us laugh.  Maybe someday...before they graduate...we will be able to rid our house of cribs.  As for now, they continue to sleep in seperate cribs in seperate rooms. 

No comments: