Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Piano Recital

Brilynn and Maycie have been taking piano lessons for about 11 months.  So far, they have enjoyed it and it's just part of their early morning routine to practice.  On Saturday the girls had their Valentine recital.  Brilynn played Beauty and the Beast and Maycie played Valentine Boogie.  Beauty and the Beast had a lot of parts that are similar but still different.  While she was playing she got a little confused and you can tell in her video she kept looking at me.  I knew she wasn't sure where she was in the song but she just kept playing and I don't think anyone else really knew that she actually skipped about a line and a half of her song.   I also am putting up a video of Maycie playing If I lived under the sea.  This is a song that she is going to be using for festival.  Brilynn hasn't started her festival song yet, but is in the process of picking one out. 

Brilynn Piano

Maycie Piano

Maycie Festival

No comments: