Tuesday, December 2, 2008

12 Memories of Chrismtas



I went to and Enrichment a few weeks ago and was really excited about the guest speaker Betty Van Orden who has written a book and shared her ideas with us about how she has made Christmas more meaningful to her family. So I tweeked her ideas just a little bit and I have decided to do the 12 memories of Christmas. So tonight for FHE I told the girls about what we will be doing and explained that we are doing this to help us create new traditions and to help us remember the true meaning of Christmas. We opened the first memory of christmas. This was the note that was included


The girls weren't to sure about it at first. I had my dad make us pipe chimes so that we could play christmas music together. The girls caught on very very fast and we spent an hour playing music. Before we knew it, it was well past their bed time. However, I think that John enjoyed this more than anyone. Here is a video of him playing Silent night all by himself.


5 comments:

Ben and Marcie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving, I was bummed we couldn't come out. If Ben could only figure out how to get all the holidays off! :)

Cody said...

What a cute idea! I am sad that I wasn't able to go to that meeting. You'll have to fill me in on what I missed. I might have to copy your awesome idea! If that's okay? BTW, I love your new blog background. Did you create your header for your Christmas cards? I did ours and was disappointed in how they printed out!

Beth Borup said...

Love the chimes and John and Brilynn both did awesome!

Beth Borup said...

Oh - I decided to do our family's 12 days of Christmas - the 12 days just before Christmas since the beginning of Dec. was way too busy with the cookbook. Our theme this year - Time together, Memories forever. I am so excited to get started!

lovebeingamom said...

How fun!! I think John should go into show business!!!