Monday, January 23, 2012

Gobble Gobble

 Not quite sure why I never get very many pictures of thanksgiving.  Maybe because it is always at our house and so I feel like I have more important things to do instead of snaping pictures.  Anway, we had a wonderful thanksgiving.  There were a few things that really upset me this year though.  The stores started their sales way to early.  Kohls even started theirs on Wed. evening, the night before Thanksgiving.  Since we had decided to try something new this year and do most of our shopping online, this caused me a lot of stress.  I didn't know when the sales would start and so I felt like I needed to keep checking all day.  We had lots of great food and great company.  We did an adult gift exchange which is always very intertaining.  Aughhhh...I wish I had more pictures.  In the afternoon we went to the theater to see Arthor's Christmas.  The twins fell asleep while Brilynn and Maycie were completely entertained.  As we were walking out of the theater we got a call from my brother that Toys R Us sales were live on the internet.  As you can imagine...I was STRESSED.  They had a lot of things that I wanted for the twins.  So I stood in the theater and had Ben do all of my Toys R Us shopping because I couldn't drive and tell him what I wanted at the same time.  So we finally got home all of the stores were going live.  I had 3 computers it front of me and I was going literally crazy trying to get all the "DEALS"  In the meantime, I sent John to Walmart with Ben.  This was Johns first experience of Black Friday.  He was completely shocked at the chaos.  Ben was trying to get all of us the kinect games that were normally $50 and they had them on sale for $15.  I think this is the worst thing to try to get every year.  As soon as they ripped off the plastic he dove to the floor and grabbed a stash of games for everyone.  The bad thing was he was stuck on the floor and couldn't move.  He had peole trying to dig in his jacket and take the games he had.  He seriously risked his life for same video games.  Thanks for the sacrafice:)  My sister finally made it to our house after being stuck in traffic forever.  A few of us decided to hit a few of the stores for the things we didn't get online.  We only shopped till about 3 in the morning and then came home and went to bed.  By that time everyone had gotten everything that they wanted.  The best part was that we got some sleep and then we woke up early on Friday and went shopping again.  This time we were able to enjoy our shopping and still take advantage of good deals but not deal with the mad dash for doorbusters.  Shopping online was definately a success and we plan on doing it again next year. 



Dan's inlaws come to our house as well for Thanksgiving every year.  We love having them come and they alwasy bring some kind of entertainment.  This year that brought a game.  Can't remember the offical name of the game, but this is how it works.  Everyone holds on to a handle and the "music" starts to play.  As soon as the music stops you have to drop your handle.  The last person to drop their handle gets shocked.  This is not just a little gentle shock...it is a full on owwwiee shock.  Now I wasn't dumb enough to plan the game and most of the girls didn't.  They did convince Maycie to play.  I tried to talk her out of it but she insisted.  The video is below.  Just click on the link

Reaction Game

Thanksgiving is definetly a favorite at our house.  We can't wait till next year.

No comments: