Saturday, April 6, 2013

Christmas

 Not sure what happened to me and taking pictures this year during Christmas.  I sometimes hate that I am so focused on getting the pictures that I don't fully enjoy the events going on but when I don't take pictures of everything I later regret it.

We did do the memories of christmas again this year but I guess since it has become a yearly tradition I became lax on taking pictures of all of our holiday festivities.  And now that I am so behind on blogging...I don't remember everything we did either.  One thing I do remember this year was after I got all the decorations up and the 12 memories of christmas ready I realized that I couldn't find the girls elf "Snowflake"  I spent a couple of days looking and trying to think where she may had gotten put.  I remember putting her in a very special spot so that I could find her for next year.  Well of course it was to good of a hiding spot.  I was really stressed because Maycie loves Snowflake and cries everytime it's time for her to go back to the north pole.  So I started shopping.  I looked and looked for a matching elf but there was no such luck.  Finally I started prepping the girls that Snowflake had been coming to our home for a long time and it may be time that we get a new elf.  I got them all excited about the fact that maybe we could get twin elves since we have twins in our family. At first they were sad at the thought of now having Snowflake but they quickly became excited about having a set of twin elves.  When the new elves finally came they were so excited that they quickly forgot about Snowflake.  The new elves came with a note explaining that Snowflake was getting old and that it was time for her to stay at the north pole.  Our new Elves are Flurry (the girl) and Blizzard (the boy) You can get a glimpse of the new twins in the picture below.  The twins got a new little doll house from Santa as well as a "Monster Truck" they had been wanting.  The doll house was one of their favorite gifts they received.

 They got new webkinz in their stocking and were anxious to add them to their account.




 Maycie wanted a moped like Brilynn had gotten the year before.  Brilynn was adamant that Maycie not get the same thing as her.  Instead Santa was able to find a Razor Go Kart instead.  Can you guess who wants a go kart now :)

 Brilynn got a new bike for christmas since she was getting to big for her old one.  Can't wait until they can start riding their bikes to school again!





Christmas was low key at our house this year we enjoyed yummy food and hanging out and being completely lazy.

No comments: