Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sledding in Kaysville

 While we were off track I wanted to take the kids sledding.  We had been to some small hills but I wanted them to be able to go somewhere that had some bigger hills.  I googled sledding on the computer and found a spot that many recommended in Kaysville.  So I loaded the kids in the car and we headed out for the afternoon.  When we got to the spot I quickly became anxious.  The hill was HUGE.  The pictures really don't do it justice.  Also since it hadn't snowed recently it was all packed and icey in most areas.  I wouldn't even let the kids go to the top of the hill.  I made them start half way down the hill.  Then I noticed some hills to the east that weren't as steep so we walked a short distance to some smaller hills.  Yes they were smaller and I felt better about them but there was also a ditch at the end of the hill.  So I told the kids I would wait at the bottom of the hill and make sure they didn't go into the ditch.  I soon realized that they were coming with quick speed and it was hard to stop them at the end of the hill.


 And....one time I couldn't stop Preslee in time and she went head first into the ditch that was full of muddy murky water.  After pulling her out of the ditch we had no choice but to call it a day.  She was soaked from head to toe.

 Not sure that we will be visiting this spot anytime in the near future!!!

No comments: