Saturday, April 6, 2013

 I remember when the twins were born.  I wasn't sure if I was going to survive! My sister had come to stay with me when I came home from the hospital.  She stayed for a few days.  I remember the day she was leaving.  I was feeling stressed not knowing how I was going to do it all by myself.  On her way home she stopped in Provo for a friends birthday party.  She called me after leaving the party and told me one of the girls there had a set of twins.  I remember distinctly what she told me next.  She said, "She told me that her twins are 5 now and life does get easier."  I remember feeling like that was an eternity away and I felt that I was doomed to always be a tied down mother with no freedom and a life of nursing, changing diapers, and rocking crying babies.  Now looking back I can't believe how quickly those 5 years went by.  Our sweet twins had their 5th birthday today.  While they were ecstatic about having a birthday there was a part of me that was really sad.  5 is an age in my mind when they go from being a little toddle to magically growing up.  They soon loose their cute voice and their innocent language.  All of the sudden they start to have perfect English and they start to get a little more attitude.  I know in 5 years I will look back and wish they were 5 again and so that is why I try to enjoy every stage my girls are in.

On their birthday they woke up early and quickly ran downstairs to open their family gifts.




 We spent the rest of the day getting ready for their party.  Before heading to the church to set up for the party we had a quick lunch at McDonald's and they even got their own happy meals :)
 Brilynn set at our welcome table and helped the guests pick out their own paper doll and clothes for their Lalaloopsy doll.






 When the guests arrived they first colored and made clothes for their dolls.



 While waiting for our face painter/balloon twister lady to arrive we started a game of Lalaloopsy Bingo.
 The girls took turns picking a friend to get their face painted.

 After everyone had a chance to get their face painted it was time for a few magic tricks and balloon twisting.  As she was making the balloon animals the kids got to guess what animal she was making and then they got to have that balloon.












 Then it was finally time to have cupcakes, rootbeer floates, and open presents.











It was such an easy party and the girls were all very sweet and polite.  Happy Birthday Preslee and Payge!!!


No comments: