Saturday, April 6, 2013

Great to be 8

While we were in St. George we snapped a few pictures to of Maycie in her baptism dress at the St. George Temple.  She was so excited to get baptized and truly understood what she was choosing to do.  

I had made arrangements to have a luncheon at the church after her baptism.  We went down the night before and set up the tables and decorations.  On the day of the baptism John went to drop some things off at the church.  There was another wards primary there setting up for a Primary activity.  They had moved all of our stuff and told John that they had the church reserved.  John was shocked at how rude and unwilling they were to work together.  I quickly called the sister who I had scheduled the building with.  She was furious and said they had been having this problem but thought it had all been resolved.  She had to get her bishop involved and we all had to go meet at the church to work things out.  Once the other primary president finally realized that we could all share the building we were able to work things out. The things we go through for these type of occasions ;)

 Maycie was lucky to be the only one being baptized that day.  She asked her Aunt Tiffany to say the opening prayer, her Aunt Misti to give a talk, and her uncle Ben to say the closing prayer.  After she was baptized I went to the bathroom to help her get dressed.  We had forgotten her jacket to her dress.  This meant her dress as sleeveless.  I told her that it would be okay and I would run home and grab the jacket before we went to the luncheon.  She said, "I am not going in that room being immodest right after getting baptized."  I wasn't sure what to do.  I couldn't make everyone wait while I ran home to grab her jacket but I felt guilty making her do something that she didn't feel comfortable doing and she felt was wrong.  So I told her that I would tell everyone in the room what had happened and that you would be grabbing the jacket as quickly as possible.  She still wasn't thrilled about the situation but finally agreed to the plan.  As soon as I made the "announcement" her friend Sidney Stoker brought her jacket to Maycie.  Thank heavens for good friends :)





 After the baptism we went over to our church building for the luncheon.  We had Blimpie sandwiches, chips, salsa, slushy drink, and brownies and ice cream for dessert. Everyone enjoyed visiting with friends and family that they hadn't seen for awhile.  Maycie received many wonderful gifts from everyone as well.  We are so proud of Maycie and for the choices that she is making in her life.  We pray that she will always continue to be very spiritual and will have a desire to always make good choices in her life.  We love you Maycie!!!








No comments: