Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crash and BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I was in the garage visiting with my friend Diann, I heard the most awful loud shrill followed by multiple high pitch screams. As Brilynn came limping around the corner (still screaming) I looked at Diann and said, "Sorry, she's a little dramatic." Then as soon as I saw her forehead I immediately felt like the absolute #1 worst mom in the whole entire universe. She had wrecked on her bike and had multiple scrapes on her body and a huge goose egg on her head that was growing as I watched it. I first tried to get her settled down and then called John to see if he was almost home. I had Diann look at it to see if she thought I needed to have her looked at. We decided that she was probably okay but just needed to watch for signs of a concussion. John got home soon after the incident and we got Brilynn layed down in our bed, cleaned her cuts on her head, hands, and leg, got her a bubbly cold sprite, and turned on a "Goosebumps" movie for her. There's nothing worse as a mom then to see your children hurt and in pain.

3 comments:

Leslie Wentz said...

OUCH!!!! :(

Glad she is okay! That goose egg on her head looks like it must have hurt when she took her spill! :(

Cooper Clan said...

Poor thing....I was wondering where she got the lovely scabby forehead. Don't you love yourself when the first thing out of your mouth is a little negative, for lack of a better word, when your kids start crying....I do it allllll the time. And then, of coarse, she's actually hurt...! YOu're a good mom!

Frankie says! said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

It broke my heart to see her sweet face. You are a great mom and family and I miss you all very much. Tell her that NANA says " I LOVE YOUR FLIP FLOPS" I am sure their have been birthday parties... hum???????????????