Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins for FHE







We decided that we would carve our pumpkins for family home evening. Since Brilynn and Maycie are not able to carve pumpkins by themselves, they decided that they would paint the twins pumpkins for them since their pumpkins were to small to carve.
John spent a long time carving Brilynn's skeleton head, so when it was time to do his own he was tired and wanted to do something fast. When I looked at what he was doing, I laughed and told him that his looked like "The Great Pumpkin Head." He laughed and had me take this picture.
We might not be the best pumpkin carvers on the block but it is something we enjoy doing together as a family each year. Just another fall tradition that we look forward to.

5 comments:

Cody said...

You guys are AWESOME! We procrastinated carving ours for a few more nights. It seems to be one of my least favorite activities of Halloween.....

Leslie Wentz said...

Those are cute!!!!! And to use power tools, now that is a good idea!!! :)

Dunbars said...

Hey Amanda.
Your girls are so cute! You will have to marry them all off to Bri's cute boys and then one left over for mine... LOL I just love the names (especially Preslee, that is what I am going to name my little girl) I am glad we can keep in touch. We should get together, we are up in Davis County often visiting friends. Oh and my mom still has a card for you I believe, she needs your address.

Ben and Marcie said...

Cute pumpkins! John's does look like the Great Pumpkin Head! I'm sad we never made it to Frightmares this year, maybe next. It looks like you guys had fun. Are you coming out to Vernal this weekend?

lovebeingamom said...

Just my luck, I got on to show Cason Brilynn's owie on her head and he saw you "drilling a pumpkin". He wants to know when he can "drill a pumpkin"!

I love the pictures!