Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 30th




So today was the big 3-0 for me. It just seems really weird to think that I am no longer twenty something. I have so much to be thankful for and couldn't have asked for a better birthday.I have always said that I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30 and so the twins were able to help me reach that goal. Thanks Preslee and Payge!!!
John and I went out on Saturday while Tiffiani (thanks again by-the-way) kept all four of the girls. We had a great time and I was able to get some things for my birthday. When Brilynn and Maycie woke up this morning, they went running downstairs and then quickly returned to my bed where I was taking advantage of sleeping in on my birthday. They were both very upset and Brilynn said, "Why are there no decorations?" Maycie quickly added, "And where are all the presents." My birthday has been a huge disappointment for them. They couldn't believe there were no decorations or presents already sitting on the table. Through out the day Brilynn has continued to ask, "Mom, when are we going to start your birthday party?" It just is so funny to me that they are so upset that my birthday isn't celebrated the same as theirs. Anyway they were both so excited to give me their gifts that they made me.



Brilynn came in this morning and said "Mom, I wrote you a poem." and gave me the paper and read it to me. John and I were both laughing. It said, "On mom's birthday's she was on twenties, now she is on thirties." I thought it was hilarious.


Later on she gave me a gift bag with a card. I thought it was funny how she used my name on the card instead of saying "mom."


This was the gift that was in the bag. When I took it out and told her how much I loved it and gave her a big hug and thanked her over and over again for the "beautiful" gift. She replied, "Your welcome mom, I got the stick out of the garbage. It's from the popsicle you ate last night" Once again she had me laughing very hard. It's the thought that counts right :)








Maycie was just as proud to give me her gift. She had it hidden behind her back and was so excited to show me the "paper doll" that she had made me. I actually thought it was really good and very creative for a three year old to do all by herself. When I thanked her she smiled and said, "Your welcome mom, Brilynn tells me I am a artist"
This has been a great birthday thanks to my wonderful husband who is taking us out to dinner tonight, planned an evening on Saturday without the kids, and let me buy whatever I wanted for my birthday. Brilynn and Maycie have added the extra special touch to it with their comments and gifts. I couldn't ask for a better birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the "30" Club. I'll be 31 in January! YIKES! I'm sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Hope you're better.

Ben and Marcie said...

Happy Birthday again! I'm glad you had a good day. Those gifts are adorable!! That cracks me up that Brilynn got the stick out of the garbage, she's so funny!

Beth Borup said...

So cute - I so loved the popsicle stick comment. Happy Birthday!

Tanner and Kristin said...

Happy birthday!! I'm glad you had a fabulous day. Your girls are so cute and thoughtful. Too sweet!

Cody said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day. Your girls are so awesome to think of making your birthday special for you!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Doesn't it seem weird to be in the thirties, I will be there soon! I still feel the same as when we were in high school!

Your girls gifts were so cute! It is so fun to see the stuff that kids come up with!