Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm to old for "Princesses"

The night before we were leaving Vernal, Brilynn was cuddling with Grandma Batty. The girls were watching Hannah Montana and I told my mom about the following conversation that Brilynn and I had had a few days before. Brilynn said, "Mom, everyone in my class has a Hannah Montana back pack and I am the only one with princess back pack." I replied "Well don't you love Princesses, that is why you have 3 princess back packs." She looked at me and wrinkled her nose and said, "I am too old for princesses." I personally don't think that she is too old but it made me realize the influence that other kids at school already have on her at such a young age. So, Brilynn and my mom had a conversation about getting a new Hannah Montana back pack. The next morning as soon as we woke up we went into the kitchen and there were brand new back packs for Brilynn and Maycie. My mom had gone to Wal-mart before work and had brought them back for the girls. I couldn't believe that she had done that. She is so thoughtful and the girls were beyond excited. When Brilynn saw the back packs she said, "Oh that's perfect." I was sad that she had outgrown her princess back pack and I would have made her use it for the rest of the year, but her grandma came to the rescue and upgraded her to a brand new Hannah Montana. Atleast Maycie got a cute Minnie Mouse one and didn't ask for a grown up Hannah Montana. She was perfectly pleased with a cute little girl red and white polka dot "Pack Pack!"

1 comment:

Ben and Marcie said...

Amanda, I was so glad that you guys came out this weekend, it was so fun to see you. I love playing with your cute girls, they are so much fun!