Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tire Swings (are these still safe)



Everytime we go to visit my parents, the first thing the kids want to do is have someone push them on the swings. I secretly hope each time that they won't remember because I know that I am going to have to stand out side and give each of them multiple turns on the huge tire swings. These swings have been in our back yard ever since I can remember. Everytime the kids swing on these I wonder if these are still safe since they are so old. While we were watching Grandpa swing the kids, my mom reminded me of the time I decided to take the family dog (mittens) for a ride in the swing. I had forgotten about the incident but soon remembered the horrible experience. I don't remember how old I was exactly but I was pretty young. I thought the dog would love to go for a ride in the tire swing with me. I was so proud that mittens was sitting in my lap and not trying to jump out of the swing while we were swaying back and forth. Before I knew it, Mittens was starting to dry heave. I wasn't sure what she was doing but before I could stop swinging she projectiled pink vomit all over my lap. Needless to say, that was the last time I ever took Mittens for a ride in the tire swing.

No comments: