Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Loving the Learning Palette's







So these pictures tell two different stories.






Story #1



I got these learning palette's when I did an Usborne party for my sister in law Beth. They have been some of the best learning manipulatives that I have purchased and would recommend them to anyone. We have started doing them each night as part of our bedtime routine and the girls really look forward to doing them. We started doing it about a month and ago and Maycie has learned all of her letters and most of the letter sounds. There are only a few that Maycie can do but it has taught her so much. It is a way that they can learn and a game at the same tme. I remember getting so frustrated trying to teach Brilynn her letters and sounds. This way Maycie has learned them pretty much on her own. There are a variety of things that Brilynn can do and some of her favorite are the math, rhyming, and geometry sheets. Thanks Beth for introducing us to the Learning Palette's.






Story #2



The nightgowns the girls are wearing in the pictures are a new addition to their wardrobe and they are so proud of them. We went down to see my mom in Provo this weekend. We went to dinner with my mom and Dan and Nikki at my favorite restaurant Los Hermonos. That is my favorite restaurant ever and is a whole post in itself (maybe I'll do that later). After dinner we went to the University Mall and the girls dragged my mom into the disney store. Brilynn showed her a nightgown that she liked and asked if she could have it. Of course Grandma Batty said yes and told her to go get Maycie to pick one out. As soon as we got to Dan and Nikki's house the girls changed out of their clothes and put on the nightgowns. The next morning Maycie came into my room and climbed up on my bed. She said, "Do you know why I slept so so so long last night?" when I asked her why, she replied "Because these jammies are so so so soft." Brilynn and Maycie have worn there jammies straight for the past 5 nights and I even had to do an extra set of laundry just to wash the nightgowns. Thanks Grandma Batty for such soft and cute nightgowns.

1 comment:

bri said...

First I have to say if these are pitures of your girls as they are going to bed they look amazing. I can't believe how long their hair is. You have the cutes girls. Oh how I miss Los Hermonos. It has been a while. Do you still get the same thing. Maybe we can go next time I am in Utah.